Bite-size tacos? Count me in. This perfect snack for your weekend shindig has all the taco-meets-seven-layer-dip goodness in one little bite. Roasted corn, black beans, guacamole, salsa, cheese and your choice of meat.
Serves: 30Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Cayenne pepper and cumin (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados
- Garlic salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 ear corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Tortilla chip scoops
- 1 bottle red salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican blend
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Wait about 1 minute before adding the minced garlic.
- Add your ground beef, plus cayenne pepper and cumin (if desired). Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until done. Set aside.
- Prepare guacamole by adding 2 avocados to a small mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and about 2 shakes of garlic salt. Add juice from 1 lime. Mix together until avocado is mushy.
- Next, prepare corn and black beans. In a bowl, stand the ear of corn upright. With a knife, carefully cut downward, collecting the bits of corn at the bottom of the bowl from the whole ear.
- Add the corn to a small skillet over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Remove black beans from can; rinse and drain. Add them to the corn and mix. Once the corn looks toasted, remove mixture from heat.
- Lay out your tortilla cups on a platter. With a small spoon, fill them with the ground beef.
- Next add the corn and black beans mixture. Add guacamole, salsa and then grated cheese. Serve and enjoy.