Sweet Potato Skins with Guacamole
This fresh take on a classic appetizer nestles fresh guacamole inside lightly seasoned and baked sweet potato skins.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork. Microwave 3 to 5 minutes, until very tender.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; remove the flesh, leaving a ¼” border (reserve flesh for another recipe, if desired). Place on prepared baking sheet, skin-side up. Brush with olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and crispy. Allow to cool slightly.
- In small bowl, mash avocado. Add garlic, red onion, tomato, lime juice and cilantro; stir to combine. Spoon about 1 tablespoon guacamole onto each skin.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.