Summer Veggie Sandwich with Herbed Hemp Spread
Hemp seeds are one of only a few plant-based sources of complete protein (protein containing all 9 essential amino acids). Their protein has been found to be more easily digested than that found in beans, grains and nuts.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 slices Simple Truth Organic™ Sprouted Seeded Thin Sliced Bread
- 4 leaves butter lettuce or green leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Place hemp seeds, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, basil, salt and pepper in a blender or mini food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Store refrigerated until ready to use, up to 1 week.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each piece of bread with hemp spread. Top 4 pieces of bread with layers of vegetables and top with remaining bread, hemp spread side in.
- Refrigerate leftovers.