Sheet Pan Steak Fajita Bowls
This sheet pan technique makes fajita bowls an easy weeknight dinner. And there’s no lengthy list of ingredients when you start with Private Selection™ Mexican Inspired Carne Asada Marinade.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 pounds flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup PRIVATE SELECTION™ Mexican Inspired Carne Asada Marinade
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 bell peppers (1 each red, green and orange), sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cooked brown rice
- Lime wedges and cilantro (optional)
- Avocado, queso fresco and salsa (optional), for topping
- Place flank steak in plastic zip-top bag and pour marinade overtop.
- Seal and refrigerate 4–24 hours. Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, combine onion, peppers, oil, cumin, chili powder and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread veggies over large sheet pan. Bake 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Set broiler to high. Push veggies to edges of pan to make space in center for steak.
- Remove steak from marinade, wiping away any excess. Place in center of pan.
- Broil steak 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches a safe internal temperature of 145°F.
- Remove from oven. Rest steak 5 minutes, then thinly slice against grain.
- Toss brown rice with squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve steak, peppers and onion over rice with desired toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.