Roasted Spiced Nuts
Give dry roasted nuts a salty-sweet glaze for a cocktail snack your guests will want to nibble by the handful.
- 3 cups roasted pecans
- 2 cups almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place nuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven, shaking the sheet several times during baking, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over low heat, add coriander, cumin, butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir until the butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- Place nuts in a bowl, pour the warm spiced butter over the nuts; stir until well coated. Let the nuts cool completely and store in an airtight container.