Pumpkin Mousse Napoleons
This fanciful take on pumpkin pie combines chilled spiced pumpkin and a warm puff pastry. It’s creamy and incredible!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles, making 12 in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastry tops only with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- Stir the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a medium bowl. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture among 12 bottom pastry layers and top with the top pastry layers.
- Add additional whipped topping, if desired. Sprinkle with the pecans and drizzle with the caramel topping.