Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Sauce
Paired with sautéed mushrooms and onion before being baked in a sweet and tangy sauce, this gluten-free pork tenderloin entrée from Chef Paul Sturkey is rich in family-friendly flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 fresh pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, diced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced into ¼”-thick round slices, then julienned into sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In medium skillet, heat oil. Brown pork on all sides. Set pork aside.
- In same skillet, cook onions until lightly browned. Add garlic and mushrooms; continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice and mustard. Bring to boil.
- Add pork tenderloin back to skillet; transfer skillet to oven.
- Roast 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let pork rest 10 minutes.
- Slice pork. Top with onion, mushroom sauce and apple sticks.