Plant-based Grilled Thai Sausage
Inspired by sai ua, a popular sausage from northern Thailand, this recipe uses an aromatic and flavorful blend of herbs and spices but swaps the ground meat for plant-based grinds.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant Based Meatless Grind
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 tbsp. shallot, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. lime zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Sweet Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 head Simple Truth Organic™ Living Butter Lettuce
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (400°F).
- In a bowl, mix together meatless grind, cilantro, shallot, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, garlic, lemongrass, lime zest and cayenne pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and form into short links.
- Grill links for 10-14 minutes, turning occasionally, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, whisk together chili sauce and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Serve sausage links wrapped in butter lettuce leaves with additional cilantro if desired, with chili sauce on the side for dipping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.