Mini Pumpkin Pies
Pumpkin pie for one, please! These precious pies are just the right amount of sweetness to enjoy after Thanksgiving dinner.
Serves: 15Prep: 2 hours 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup plus 4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Sweetened whipped cream, to serve
- Pumpkin pie spice, to serve
- Prepare a 9”x13” baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil, leaving an overhang for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, ¼ cup brown sugar and ¼ cup sugar. Once combined, add the flour and salt. Firmly press crust into the prepared pan and 1” up the side of the pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake crust for 25-30 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, pumpkin puree and evaporated milk.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake 35-40 minutes, until the filling is fully set. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a 2¼” circle cookie cutter to cut out 15 mini pies. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.