Marinated Flank Steak Tacos
Pull out the grill for these tasty tacos! The acidic marinade creates a tender steak that pairs deliciously with classic taco toppings.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 (8”) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the steak and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
- When ready to grill, allow the steak to sit at room temperature while preheating the grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak on the heated grill. Cook for 4-7 minutes, then flip and allow to cook for another 4-7 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads at least 135°F. Place the steak on a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the steak to rest for about 5 minutes, then cut the steak into thin slices across the grain.
- Place the steak slices into four tortillas and top each taco with 1 tablespoon queso fresco, ½ tablespoon cilantro, a few slices of avocado, 1 tablespoon red onion and 1 tablespoon of tomato.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.