Low-Salt White Bean Soup
Bean soups can be chunky or pureed. If you prefer a puree, put everything into a blender once it’s been cooked, one cup at a time, and blend until creamy.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) low-sodium white beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 16 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Add the olive oil, beans, garlic, carrots, celery, chicken broth, and water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; add the bay leaf and parsley. Continue to simmer until the flavors develop, about 10 minutes, then serve.