Loaded Zucchini Skins
Topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, green onion and chopped tomatoes, these keto-friendly zucchini skins are low in carbs and big in flavor. Store your scooped out zucchini centers in a zip top bag and freeze for smoothies.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 slices Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place baking sheet in oven while it heats.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out most of the interior, leaving about ¼” thick hollowed out skin. Cut each zucchini piece in half to make four sections, each about 3” long.
- Toss zucchini pieces with oil and salt. Place cut side down on hot baking sheet. Return to oven; cook 5-8 minutes or until cut edges have browned and zucchini is tender crisp.
- Flip zucchini pieces over. Evenly divide cheese between pieces. Return pan to oven 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top zucchini skins with sour cream, crumbled bacon, green onion and chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.