Leftover Omelets du Jour
Those uneaten tidbits of cooked meats and vegetables are perfect for a delicious omelet filling!
Serves: 1Prep: 2 minutesCook: 6 minutesTotal: 8 minutes
- 2 Kroger® Large Eggs (Grade A)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup leftover cooked meat or seafood, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup leftover cooked vegetables, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheese, shredded, grated or crumbled
- Fresh herbs, if desired
- Beat the eggs and salt together and season with pepper. Heat the meat and vegetables for the filling either in the microwave, oven or small sauté pan.
- Melt the butter in an 8” non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. When the butter begins to froth, pour in the beaten eggs and allow them to set for about 30 seconds.
- Stir gently with a non-metal spatula and then when egg begins to set up, turn heat to medium low and gently lift the egg around the edges of the pan, allowing the liquid egg to flow down to meet the surface of the pan. Do this around the edges of the pan until there is no more liquid egg. Spread the filling ingredients and the cheese in the center of the cooked egg, and using a spatula to guide it, fold one edge of the cooked egg over the omelet filling and roll it out onto a serving plate, sealing up the filling in the cooked egg.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs if you like. Another option is to add chopped herbs to the raw egg when mixing it with the salt and pepper.