Instant Pot© Corned Beef and Cabbage
A classic Irish-American dish gets a modern makeover with this Instant Pot version.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 pounds corned beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves whole garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 1⁄2 pounds small potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small head green cabbage, core removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Remove corned beef from packaging and rinse well. Place in Instant Pot.
- Add diced onion and garlic, and just enough water to cover beef.
- Cover and close Instant Pot. Be sure pressure valve is set to “Sealing.” Use the manual setting to set timer for 80 minutes.
- When timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally. (Note: Be sure to read all Instant Pot instructions carefully for safety. Be sure Instant Pot is turned off and unplugged before carefully removing cover.) When pressure has released (the float valve is no longer up), remove lid. Remove corned beef; set aside to rest.
- Add potatoes, baby carrots and cabbage to the liquid in the pot. Cover and set to manual for 4 minutes. Release steam. When float valve goes down and pressure is released, remove lid.
- Slice rested beef against the grain, about ½” thick. Serve with vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with Dijon mustard.