Home Chef Crispy Teriyaki Tofu
This Home Chef tofu recipe is full of rich flavors that will fulfill your senses and your stomach without leaving you feeling weighed down. Mushrooms, carrots and edamame add freshness to a meatless meal that hits all the right notes.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into ½” thick triangles
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on angle, divided
- 1 3/4 cups matchstick carrots
- 10 tablespoons teriyaki glaze
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- On paper towel-lined plate, arrange tofu in single layer. Top with another paper towel, then another plate. Evenly distribute a weight on top plate to gently press tofu and remove moisture. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot with rice, a pinch of salt and water to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 17-20 minutes. Remove from burner; fluff grains with fork. Cover and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, place 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook tofu until golden brown, 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer to towel-lined plate and let cool 5 minutes. Discard all but 2 teaspoons oil.
- Return pan to medium heat. Cook mushrooms, edamame, white portions of green onion and matchstick carrots until tender and slightly charred, 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide equal amount of rice, vegetables and tofu. Garnish with green portions of green onion, teriyaki glaze, sriracha and sesame seeds.