Chicken Noodle Soup
Perfect for a chilly evening, this one-pot chicken noodle soup is easy to put together and requires minimal cleanup.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups extra wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, add oil. Once warm, add onion and salt. Cook about 5 minutes, until tender. Add carrots and celery. Continue cooking about 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Add garlic; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to boil. Add chicken breast; lower heat to simmer. Cover. Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken to cutting board. Use fork to shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add egg noodles; bring to boil. Continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes, until noodles are tender. Add shredded chicken back to pot. Season with pepper.
- Serve with fresh parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.