Celebration Waffle Bar
Turn your celebration into something special with a from-scratch waffle bar!
Serves: 24Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups Kroger® All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger® Unsalted Butter
- 5 1⁄4 cups 2% milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Remove from heat, stir in milk and cool slightly. Pour into flour mixture, add eggs and stir until blended. If making ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 24 hours.
- When ready to make waffles, heat waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with topping buffet.
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, butter, syrups, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, berries, fresh fruit, dried fruit, powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, caramel sauce, crumbled bacon, chopped ham, shredded cheese, sliced green onions, diced red onions, diced bell peppers and diced jalapeños.