Black Bean Burgers
Treat your family to these tasty black bean burgers. They’re quick to put together and easy on your budget.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, smash the black beans with a fork until there are no more pieces of bean.
- Stir in the bell pepper, onion, corn, egg, breadcrumbs, chili powder and cumin.
- With your hands, form mixture into small-medium patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip burgers and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with avocado, cheese, lettuce and tomato, as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.