Beef Burger with Mushrooms
The savory combination of ground beef with mushrooms, garlic, onion and sausage is the key to this mouthwatering burger!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1/2 pounds Kroger® Ground Beef
- 1 cup mushrooms, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Private Selection™ Traditional Panko Bread Crumbs
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 link (10 oz.) Italian sausage, or chorizo
- 4 leaf Private Selection™ Living Lettuce
- 4 Kroger® 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, salt (to taste), pepper (to taste), mushrooms, garlic, onion, egg and breadcrumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove and divide into 4 patties.
- Cut sausage in pieces. In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place in sausage/chorizo and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Spray grill-pan with cooking spray or brush grill with canola oil. Place patties on grill-pan over medium heat and cook for 10-14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. If using grill, heat grill to medium, place burgers on grate and cook for 10-14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Top the bottom half of each bun with lettuce, patty, red bell peppers, sausage and bun top. Refrigerate leftovers.