Vitacost Flax Seed Lignan Extract Targeted Wellness Capsules 40mg
What is Flax Seed Lignans?
Flax Seed Lignans is a high-quality extract of lignans from flax seed. Lignans are natural plant compounds that have been intensively studied for their phytoestrogenic effects.
Characteristic for phytoestrogens, lignans can weakly bind to estrogen receptors. A sufficient level of lignans can compete with natural estrogen for estrogen receptors, helping to balance estrogen levels. This basic mechanism has different effects in men and women.
The main lignan in flax is secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG). When ingested, micro-organisms in the colon convert SDG into enterodiol and enterolactone, the so-called mammalian lignans. These are the body's own active forms of lignans.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Flax Seed Lignan Extract?
- Can help modulate estrogen levels, thereby supporting some of the symptoms of menopause.*
- May support healthy cognitive function in women 20 to 30 years postmenopausal.*
- May support healthy bones.*
- Helps maintain prostate health.*
- Supplies 40 mg of lignans per capsule.
- Features LinumLife, a high-quality, standardized source of flax seed lignans.
- Contains 120 servings per bottle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rice Flour , Gelatin ( Capsule ) and Magnesium Stearate .
Contains Beef and its Derivatives,Pork and its Derivatives. Free from Does Not Contain Declaration Obligatory Allergens.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. You are responsible ... Read More