Vitacost Bilberry Extract Antioxidant Support Capsules 160mg
What is bilberry extract?
Bilberry, a close relative of the blueberry, is a fruit that grows in North America, Europe and Asia. Besides being popular in jams, pies and other desserts, bilberries are a natural source of biologically active components, including a class called anthocyanosides. Anthocyanosides, which are responsible for the bilberry’s deep blue color, are antioxidants that help protect cells from free radical damage.*
Historically, bilberry has been used to support eye health, around the world and by the military. One of the first researchers provided bilberry to Royal Air Force pilots during World War II.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Bilberry Extract - Standardized?
- Bilberry contains polyphenols and anthocyanidins, which possess antioxidant properties.*
- Protects against lipid oxidation.*
- Supports antioxidant enzyme activity.*
- The use of berries in the diet helps to increase quercetin, which is a very powerful antioxidant.*
- Standardized to 25% anthocyanosides to ensure consistent level of the active ingredient in each dose.
- Delivers 160 mg of standardized bilberry extract per 1-capsule serving.
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Fry’s Food Stores is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.