Peet's Coffee® French Roast Dark Roast Ground Coffee
The signature taste and rich coffee character of Peet's French Roast Dark Roast Coffee comes from a longer, hotter roast, which not all beans can handle. For our darkest roast, we select only top-quality Arabica coffee from the highest altitudes of prime Latin American growing regions. Beans mature slowly at these altitudes, becoming denser, harder and packed with flavor, perfect for retaining boldness and complexity under the intense heat of a deep roast. Peet's French Roast is not a coffee for the cautious, but for those who embrace the powerful taste, pronounced smoky overtones, and pleasant bite. This dark, deeply flavorful blend pairs well with cream and sugar, and inspires reactions like this one from John "Nic" Nicolini, a Peet's roaster for over 20 years: "On a normal day, I cup 50 coffees before 7 a.m. But I always come back to French. You inhale that smoky aroma, and then a subtle sweetness pops out that awakens your taste buds. It’s visceral."
- Contains One (1) 18 Ounce Bag of Peet's French Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee.
- Flavor and Roast: Dark Roast. Chocolate truffle, smoke, caramel. The rich coffee character of French Roast comes from a short, intense roast, which not all beans can handle and Peet’s has perfected.
- Brewing Methods: Our ground coffee is perfectly suited to make drip or a pour over in your Chemex. For other brewing methods - espresso, cold brew, or French press - consider our whole bean coffees and griding at home.
- Sourcing With Impact: The coffee you buy can impact the welfare of the people and planet. Peet’s is actively engaged in driving positive impact in communities where our coffees are grown.
- Rich. Complex. Incomparable. Masters of our craft for over 50 years, we hand roast the very best coffees in the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Fry’s Food Stores is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4.75(388)5(344)4(19)3(11)2(1)1(13)