Paper Chain Photo Booth Backdrop
Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
What’s the best part of the holidays besides the food? Taking photos! Photos with family, photos with friends, photos with everyone! Give your pictures a special pop with a paper chain backdrop. Paper chains are a cinch to make, use simple materials and can made in any color you want.
Things You'll Need:
- Approx. 100 pieces of 8.5”x11” cardstock paper in your desired colors
- Scissors (or paper cutter)
- Push pins (or tape)
- Camera (and tripod, if you have it!)
- Decide where your photo wall will be. Look for a place with good natural light like near a window or door. Then decide how large of a backdrop you want to make. I used 100 sheets of paper cut into four strips each and the paper chain covered a 5’x5’ space.
- Cut all the paper into 2”x11” strips.
- To begin, take one strip, overlap the ends and staple to hold it in place.
- Take another strip, thread it through the middle of the first loop, overlap the ends and staple to hold it in place.
- Continue making connected loops until you have enough to cover the space you wish.
- To make a backdrop, take lengths of the paper chain and use a push pin to hold them in place on the wall. You can try using a heavy-duty tape, however, because of the heft of the chain, multiple pieces of tape might be necessary.
- Once the chains are hung, it’s picture time. Pose groups in front of the paper chain covered wall and snap away. If you do have a tripod, use it!