DIY Orange Scented Vinegar for Cleaning
Created by: Crystal Owens, A Pumpkin & A Princess
As summer comes to an end and we prepare for the busy routines of back to school schedules, I like to take the time to catch up on some much needed cleaning and organization. Here are a few tips on how to prepare your home for the end of school and new school year.
- Organize the pantry. Cleaning out the pantry makes room for snacks and foods the kids will need for school lunches and gives you a chance to get the shelves organized before summer comes to an end. I like to organize a shelf specifically dedicated to school snacks. This makes packing lunch bags easier and gives me a better idea of what we are running low on before our next grocery trip.
- Use a fresh lemon to clean stainless steel appliances and faucets. Rub the lemon on the stainless steel and wipe with a cloth. This will leave your kitchen appliances looking shiny and give a fresh lemon scent to your home.
- Clean lunch bags and backpacks. We typically clean them out as soon as school ends but giving them a fresh cleaning right before school starts leaves them looking just like new. You can create scented vinegar to keep harsh chemicals away from items that the kid’s food will come in contact with. My favorite cleaning product is this DIY orange scented vinegar. It’s perfect for cleaning household surfaces and lunch bags.
- 1 bottle vinegar
- 2 oranges
- 1 mason jar
- 1 strainer
- Peel 2 oranges and remove pulp from the peel.
- Fill the mason jar 2/3 of the way with vinegar.
- Add orange peels to the mason jar and seal with lid. Steep for two weeks then use a strainer to pour scented vinegar in a new jar.