The Simple Truth About Being Organic
Our Customers told us that they were interested in buying organic items, as well as products that had “cleaner” ingredient statements. Simple Truth Organic® provides easy-to-read ingredient statements, and Simple Truth Organic products are USDA organic certified. You’ll find Simple Truth Organic in the produce section, of course — but also look for Simple Truth Organic in dairy, meat, snacks and many other aisles in the Kroger Co. Family of Stores.
Shop Simple Truth OrganicShop All
Check out all of our organic items!
In order to be certified organic, products must be:
- Produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers, genetic engineering, sewage sludge or irradiation.
- Free from artificial preservatives.
- Produced by organic growers and handlers that are certified by third-party agencies, state or private, or other organizations that are accredited by the USDA.
There are also different standards and regulations for different types of food:
- Organic crops: Irradiation, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, prohibited pesticides and genetically modified organisms may not be used.
- Organic livestock: Producers must meet animal health and welfare standards, may not use antibiotics or growth hormones, must use 100% organic feed, and must provide animals with access to the outdoors.
- Organic multi-ingredient foods: These products contain 95% or more certified organic content. If the label claims that it was made with specified organic ingredients, those specific ingredients must also be certified organic.